Many users getting error while opening eml files in their system. They can't open email after they are saved or windows live mail open itself but not showing the saved or opened eml file.
To fix this issue :
- Open Run command ( + R)
- Type regedit and press enter
- Goto : HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ and delete ".eml" folder.
- Goto : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\ and delete ".eml" folder.
- Restart Windows Explorer or PC
- Open EML file and choose windows live mail as default.